Trees, Hedges & Shrubs
Landscape Pruning Services North Vancouver
Keep your trees, shrubs and hedges healthy and hardy by using Momentous Impressions for your entire pruning and maintenance needs. We will plant and apply proper pruning techniques with an understanding of tree and shrub biology to preserve healthy species and structure, while enhancing the aesthetics and economic values of your landscape.
Pruning For Healthy Trees
The objective of pruning and trimming is to have strong and healthy plants, shrubs, hedges, and trees. Hiring Momentous for your tree pruning is a key part of maximizing your landscape’s beauty and maintaining its ideal size. Our tree and shrub experts can ensure your plants’ health and increase your bloom quotient with a few well-timed pruning services.
Our horticultural practices are based on aesthetics and science, and our pruning services are an excellent form of preventive maintenance. Pruning correctly during formative years for a tree or shrub may prevent many problems. Our team provides pruning with the intended purpose to encourage flower and foliage development, achieve dense hedges, as well as maintain a desired plant form.
Our professional Momentous team will prune your tress, shrubs and hedges to remove older growth as well as new shoots. When we remove older branches, a specific size can be maintained for the space allotted for each tree or shrub.
Of course, trees, shrubs, and hedges play an integral role in our environment and well-being, but they also enhance the exterior of your home and increase the value of your property. Maintaining your tree, shrub and hedge pruning is a key part of maximizing your landscape’s beauty and maintaining its ideal size.
The Artistry Behind Pruning
We endeavour to educate our clients on why we do what we do and the scheduling behind our process. Not everything can be pruned at the same time. Some flowering plants require pruning immediately following flowering; waiting can spoil the flower for the following year. Some trees if they’re pruned in the winter, for instance a Japanese maple, can bleed (running of the sap), which can eventually kill them.
- As certified horticulturalists, we can inform our clients about the art of arboriculture. We are not merely cutting to a specific shape for aesthetics; we cut with intention. We execute selective pruning of branches to allow airflow and circulation throughout the tree or shrub for even growth.
- We always consider the purpose of the pruning.
- Restorative pruning restores the tree or shrub to its intended shape, generally if it has been neglected for a couple of years.
- Disease pruning is a carefully, progressive method. Disease spreads if a diseased branch rubs with another. When we work to eradicate the disease-affected areas, we disinfect our tools every time we make a cut. Pruning might not be able to be completed in one visit, but rather over a gradual period.
- We provide you with an understanding of the biology behind these best practices, the growth habits, and the precautions that need to be taken when dealing with diseased trees or shrubs.
Our goal is not just to make your property only look beautiful but sustainable, too. The Momentous Impressions team will integrate your entire landscaping while carrying out best practices with the greatest interest for each individual plant, shrub, tree or lawn.
Professional Pruning Services
As your expert provider for professional pruning services, Momentous Impressions uses the proper pruning techniques, practices and appropriate equipment to keep your trees, hedges and shrubs healthy.
We are knowledgeable and skilled experts at diagnosing and treating any pruning problems to help protect and preserve your plants. We are equipped with the right tools to avoid pruning that can cause permanent damage, a common issue for homeowners who DIY their landscape. We use high-quality trimmers, shearers and saws, and proper ladders when trimming and pruning for form and structure.
Momentous Impressions provides a variety of landscape pruning services including, but not limited to the following:
- Planting various types of shrubs, hedges and trees
- Soil amendment(s) for shrub, hedge, tree health and growth
- Thinning, shaping, removal of dead wood
- Shrub and tree wrapping
- Shrub, hedge and small tree removals
- Tree pruning, shrub pruning, hedge maintenance
Let’s discuss how our Momentous horticulture team can take complete care of your shrubs, hedges and small trees from pruning to mulching to achieve your landscaping goals.